Your creativity is needed to help transition from today’s chaos to create a clarity around decision-making.
What if every decision we make contributes to our having, living in, sharing and promoting a healthy planet?
Our systems are broken. Your creativity is being challenged, in a good way.
Here’s where we are today (from a meaningconference.co.uk presentation by Mark Stevenson). Evidence of broken systems, in broad brush strokes:
- We have lost trust in institutions that govern us
- Democracy is in retreat – we use a 19th-century system to deal with 21st-century challenges
- Media sets us against each other; divides us
- Energy use is unsustainable
- Healthcare is often a labyrinth of ‘sick care’ rather than reinforcing and sustaining ‘healthiness’
- The financial system is riddled with risk and short-term-ism
- Our education systems are stuck in the 1950’s
- More than half employees hate their jobs – recognizing they are working in a morally blind system that no longer serves the needs of our future.
Imagine applying your creativity – new ideas, new decisions, new actions for new outcomes – to create a decent life for all on a sustainable planet.
What if, instead for example,
- We had trust in institutions that govern us
- Democracy is shaped to deal with 21st-century challenges
- Media unites us
- Energy use is sustainable
- Healthcare reinforces and sustains ‘healthiness’
- The financial system is geared toward the long-term
- Our education systems are future looking
- More than half employees like their jobs. They recognize they work in a moral system that serves the needs of our future.
See what you can do.
Celebrate World Creativity and Innovation Day, April 21.
Find a way to make a creative and meaningful difference.