In 2017, more than 55 WCID and WCIW celebrations spanned over 40 nations, provinces, and states.
Today’s spotlight in on Lagos, Nigeria. Organizer Muyiwa Fasakin, former Chief Executive Officer at Sure Success Consultancy reports:
“We had a great time in Nigeria, we started the Day with the first ever Creativity and Innovation Walk in Africa, followed by Display your Creativity session, and finally we had speakers from various sectors speak on topics revolving around The Role of Creativity and Innovation in an Emerging Economy. Our celebration for 2018 will be even grander!”
First Ever Creativity and innovation Walk in Africa
Display Your Creativity
Creativity through makeup for women
Creativity through songs
Creativity through makeup for women; Creativity through song
Other photos from Nigeria’s WCID 2017
Please let us know if you would like your 2017 WCID and WCIW celebrations spotlighted as inspirations for others.
- DM your request on Twitter @worldcreativity
- Use the comments section below
What might be all the ways to leverage World Creativity and Innovation Day, April 21 in 2018 to advance a decent life for all on a sustainable planet?
What new ideas, decisions, actions and outcomes are possible?
Global leaders are meeting at the United Nations this week for top level diplomatic talks on the needs of the world’s people, with discussions on vital issues such as sustainable development and climate change.
What talks might you be able to hold this week as well, to see what you can do in your context?photo credit Marci Segal
Update April 21,2017.
Great news!! WCIW is gaining momentum. More sponsors want to be included in UN resolution. Delayed reading in General Assembly!
Thank you, everyone, for your leadership, inspiring others to use creativity (generating new ideas, making new decisions, taking new actions and achieving new outcomes) and innovation in their problem-finding and problem-solving to make the world a better place and to make their place in the world better too.
I am thrilled to announce that On April 20, 2017, 10:00 am eastern, I. Rhonda King, Permanent Representative/Ambassador to the United Nations from St. Vincent and the Grenadines is scheduled to read a UN resolution on the floor of the General Assembly to include World Creativity and Innovation Day, April 21, among the UN Days of Observance which includes Earth Day, Water Day, World Humanitarian Day, and the like.
In her 10-minute speech, Ms. King will emphasize the importance of using creativity to meet the 2030 UN Sustainable Development Goals: 17 Goals to Transform the World
Friends, I urge you to do a few things:
- Review the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and choose one to creatively champion (even in one small way) with your family, friends, clients and colleagues this year and every year forward; in the coming months we will be collecting your stories so keep a record, and stay tuned!
- Gather with others to Watch Permanent Representative I. Rhonda King deliver her speech on Thursday, April 20, 2017, at 10:00 Eastern Time on UNWebTv
- Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate! on April 21st; the UN is sanctioning using creativity in problem-solving to transform the world.
- List your celebration (it’s free!) here for others to see.
Cool news, eh?
Logos created by Vanessa Chaplin